Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Second class

What a class! I remember hating my drama in high school because 80% of the class was theory, which meant minimal time for acting. This class is 20% theory and 80% being involved and learning through action. With that said, I actually found the theory today pretty neat. I've spent a few months in europe, 3 weeks focusing on Greece. Touring around Athens I learnt a little about the history and early theatre. Listening to Jeremy talk more detailed about the types of theatre made me feel intrigued.
Okay, moving on to the days breakdown.
What did I do? What did I experience? How did I feel? And my reflection on the class...
The class started with again the weirdest warm-up ever, shaking all body parts and letting loose. I now see that this is a purpose, which is basically to leave your attitude at the door and enter a new "world" where you can be silly. We moved on to play a mixture of ABC's (essentially forming groups of 2-4 to create different lettters through your body form) and captain on deck, which was played last class. Side note: I got 2end place. The new game was driving the bus. The driver was to guide the bus (who was a person with their eyes closed) by simply tapping the person infront. Now this game taught the class that communication can get all mixed up and sometimes our bus can crash into someone else :). As a guide this was pretty fun
Classroom time! Talking about the origin of theatre and how it has evolved over the years, very slowly I might add. The different types of theatre, with a focus on greeks. All of this will be covered later in my theatre page, so I'm not going into detail on that. Side note again: I now have pages figured out.
And lastly, back in the theatre to create a still picture play. As a group we created 5 still images that tell a story. In this case it was of myself falling when recieving an award... we didn't get to preform it, so sorry if I gave it away. Each still scene last a couple seconds and the lights go black temporarily and come back on again for another still picture. I belive this is called "picturization". Anyway, our group was awesome and we had loads of fun creating it. Now next class we will present it and I can officially call myself an actor, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment